Friday, October 12, 2012

Post-Op Day Two!

I seriously need to find some wood to knock on.... because I feel amazing.

This morning I got up and had cream of wheat for breakfast. It tasted wonderful! I had to wait quite awhile for it to cool off to tolerate it, but other than that it went down perfectly.

I tried to be bold and go 5 hours in between medication reloads, as opposed to my usual 4- which actually didn't turn out to be TOO horrible. But ultimately I did decide to keep with going every 4 hours today just to stay ahead of the pain.

I truly think that staying on time with my medication, round the clock, along with drinking superfluous amounts of water has been my saving grace.

I decided to venture out today. I needed to stop at the vets office to pick up Maggie's medication, and then decided to go to Orange Leaf to get some delicious frozen yogurt. I will be the first to admit- that probably wasn't the best idea. It's easy to be doped up on narcotics when you're just sitting around your own home, but being out in public while doped up.... didn't work out as well. I did get extremely light headed while we were out, and started to get pretty shakey. So I can see why it's best to just stay home and take it easy.

For lunch (other than my orange leaf yogurt), I decided to go with macaroni and cheese. I know, it's been my "go to" meal the past several days- but it just goes down so well. The warmth is perfect and I can actually taste the food which is even better.

This afternoon I took a decent nap while my mom played with the kids. I went over to my neighbors house for a little while and helped her get ready for the halloween party she was throwing tonight. Sadly, my mom wouldn't let me go over to actually enjoy the party. Yup, 26 years old and my mommy still knows how to boss me around ;)

But anywho- dinner was waffles with syrup. DELISH! Man I make some delicious waffles. I make cinnamon-vanilla waffle batter.... downright fabulous.

So I definitely am not wanting to feel any excrutiating pain... but I do keep wondering when it's going to pop up. Everything I've read by now says I'd be in unbelievable amounts of pain, but I'm just fine. Fingers crossed that it stays this way!



No comments:

Post a Comment