Thursday, October 11, 2012

Post-Op Day One

After my couple hours of pain from sleeping wrong last night, I've had no problems today.

I woke up this morning, took my percocet on time, and immediately went on to drinking water again. I had breakfast this morning (pasta again, with margarine and cheese haha) and had macaroni and cheese for lunch. For dinner, I had orange chicken with rice. Throughout the day I had several popsicles and continued to drink my ice cold water. And per usual, was very diligent about taking my percocet every 4 hours.

What did happen today, I noticed, was that around 3 hours after my last dose... I did start to get very sore with swallowing. So I decided to experiment and started taking 1.5 teaspoons of percocet as opposed to 1 tsp. That definitely did it. I can now easily go the 4 hours without having any discomfort whatsoever.

I managed to sleep a few hours here and there throughout the day (thanks to my mom being here to help with the kids!) and for the most part, took it easy.

My uvula and tongue are still swollen, but not in pain. The place where my tonsils used to be are covered in a white film. It's pretty gross to look at, I won't lie.
While I can easily talk without being hoarse at all, I do think I sound somewhat funny to myself. Almost like how a deaf person would sound. I think, due to my tongue being swollen, it's messing with my ability to talk fast. I do have to work to enunciate.

But other than that, I've been having a very decent day after making that slight medication tweak. We will see how post-op day 2 treats me! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment